Drug Sales Seize $5,600 of Fentanyl Sudbury Police
SUDBURY, ONTARIO - December 2, 2019 (LSN) On November 28 and 29, 2019, members of our Integrated Crime Team (I.C.T) with support from Patrol Operations and the Central Community Response Unit conducted focused patrols in the area of Elm Street, Cedar Street, Larch Street and Beech Street in relation to ongoing concerns of suspected illegal drug activity and loitering.
Over the two-day initiative Detectives from the I.C.T. arrested five individuals; four of those being on outstanding Arrest Warrants.
- A 21-year old man for Theft Under $5,000 x2, Possession of Property Obtained by Crime and Breach of Probation x3.
- A 24-year old woman for Fraud Under $5,000
- A 32-year old man for Breach of Probation
- A 36-year old man for Fraud Under $5,000, Possession of a Credit Card and Possession of Property Obtained by Crime.
The fifth arrest took place around 11:20 a.m. on Friday, November 29, 2019, when members of the I.C.T. witnessed a man making hand-to-hand drug transactions near the intersection of Cedar Street and Young Street. The Detectives approached the man, identified themselves as Police and told the man that he was under arrest.
The man attempted to flee from the Officers; however he did not make it very far. The man became aggressive with the Officers head-butting and kicking them while they were affecting the arrest.
Upon searching the man, Officers found multiple weapons including knifes and pepper spray, as well as, Fentanyl packaged for distribution and money. The drugs seized are valued at approximately $5,600 along with $1,435 in cash.
29-year old, Sean Menard has been charged with the following offences;
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Trafficking a Schedule I Controlled Substance
- Assault Police with Intent to Resist
- Assault Police x2
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose x2
- Carry Concealed Weapon x2
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000
- Breach of Probation
He was held in Police custody and attended W.A.S.H. Court on Saturday, November 30, 2019 to answer to the charges.