Fans have more ticket options
for 2022 Scotties in Thunder Bay Jan 28th to Feb 6th 2022
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO ~~~ October 19, 2021 (LSNews) It’s just over three months until the nation’s top women’s curling tems gather at the Fort William Gardens in Thunder Bay for the 2022 Scotties Tournament of Hearts.
With the new curling season underway, the excitement levels are reaching fever pitch as Thunder Bay will host the Canadian women’s curling championship for the first time since 1996.
As well, with COVID-19-related capacity limits at sporting venues in Ontario being lifted as of earlier this month, curling fans now have the opportunity to fill every seat at the Gardens!
As of Thursday morning, there will be a variety of new ways for fans to enjoy the 2022 Scotties as packages covering the first six days of the championship will go on sale, and based on the already eager response of Thunder Bay curling fans, these ticket packages will be highly coveted.
Here’s a look at what will be available:
- Opening Weekend Package ($119): A single ticket to each of the five draws on Jan. 29 and 30. This package will include a minimum of three Northern Ontario games, including a game versus Team Canada!
- Monday to Wednesday Single-Day Packages ($60): A single ticket to each of the three draws on that day.
- Thursday Day Package ($60): A single ticket to each of the two guaranteed Championship Pool draws; tiebreaker draw included (if necessary).
Previously announced packages are also still available:
- Regular Full Event Package ($395)
- Premium Full Event Package ($429); only a handful of premium home end seats are available.
- Championship weekend packages: a single ticket to the final six draws (plus potential tiebreaker), Friday, Feb. 4, to Sunday, Feb. 6 ($219)
All ticket packages are subject to standard facility and ticket service fees. Ticket packages will be available online (CLICK HERE), in person at the Fort William Gardens box office and by phone at 807-625-2929.
As per Curling Canada’s recent announcement, all fans, athletes, volunteers and event staff will need to provide proof of full vaccination to get inside Fort William Gardens. You can view the full Curling Canada mandatory vaccination policy by CLICKING HERE.
Leading up to the 2022 Scotties, Curling Canada will be in regular contact with local, regional and national health authorities to ensure the safest possible environment for athletes and fans at the Fort William Gardens. Curling Canada will continue to monitor communication from the Government of Ontario and more announcements will be coming about single-draw tickets, subject to availability.
The 2022 Scotties will decide Canada’s team for the 2022 World Women’s Curling Championship, presented by Nature’s Bounty, set for March 19-27 in Prince George, B.C.
Below Please Rate and Share this story
To help us learn what is important to you