Hounds to host Development Camp 2022 This Weekend
OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC) John Rhodes Community Centre Rink #2:
SAULT STE MARIE, ONTARIO ~~~~~ June 2, 2022 (LSNews) For the first time in three years, the Soo Greyhounds will welcome prospects to the ‘Lock City’ for their Annual Development Camp weekend.
Events will take place this Friday, June 3 and Saturday, June 4.
Over the course of the camp, the thirty-four (34) attendees will take part in a variety of events ranging from fitness testing, practice sessions, video sessions and scrimmages.
The on-ice activities (OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC) are as follows, and will take place at the John Rhodes Community Centre Rink #2:
FRIDAY, JUNE 3
- 9 AM – Team White Goalie Session
- 10 AM – Team White Practice
- 11:30 AM – Team Red Goalie Session
- 1 PM – Team Red Practice
- 5:30 PM – SCRIMMAGE; Team Red vs Team White
SATURDAY, JUNE 4
- 12 PM – SCRIMMAGE; Team Red vs Team White
This year’s camp will be broken down into the two teams and features:
- • 34 total players; 4 goalies, 12 defenceman and 18 forwards
- • 13 players were selected in the 2022 OHL Priority Selection, 2 in the 2022 U18 Priority Selection, 10 in the 2021 OHL Priority Selection, 1 from the 2020 OHL Priority Selection and 8 are Free Agent invites
To view the roster sheet and detailed rosters CLICK HERE.
We look forward to seeing all the fans of #OHLHoundPower rinkside this weekend in welcoming these players and their families to Sault Ste. Marie.
SPECIAL HOUND POUND HOURS
If you’re still looking for your Soo Greyhounds apparel or novelty item to show your hometown pride during the off-season here is your chance.
The ‘Hound Pound’ store inside the GFL Memorial Gardens will be opened on Friday, June 3 from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity!
Can’t make it to the rink, don’t forget you can make online purchases conveniently online anytime at www.thehoundpound.ca
Below Please Rate and Share this story
To help us learn what is important to you
The Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds are a major junior ice hockey team in the Ontario Hockey League. The Greyhounds play home games at the GFL Memorial Gardens. The present team was founded in 1962 as a team in the Northern Ontario Hockey Association.