Robinson-Superior Treaty and Fort William First Nation Territory, Thunder Bay, Ontario ~~~~~ September 14, 2020 (LSN) After a successful first year, the Anishnawbe Business Professional Association (ABPA) is excited to announce that their 1st Annual General Meeting will take place on Thursday, September 24th.
After the member voting for the upcoming year, the ABPA looks forward to welcoming associate members and all interested parties for their AGM Panel Event, “Lessons Learned & Looking Forward”.
The panelists were announced today and include the following:
· Robert Starr. Business Project Manager, Supercom Industries to speak about the East-West Tie Transmission project and looking forward to regional developments.
· John Glover, CEO, Minodahmun Development LP to speak about the Greenstone Gold Mine Hardrock project and looking forward to the potential opportunities.
· Rachael Paquette, Partner, Cheadles LLP to speak about joint venture agreements and looking forward to what businesses need to do to create good partnerships with First Nations.
The panel will be moderated by Jason Thompson of Superior Strategies and will reflect on the challenges and successes of indigenous business and the creation of strategic partnerships.
This virtual event is open to members and non-members and will feature:
• An introduction to the Anishnawbe Business Professional Association for prospective members;
• A moderated discussion with three of the ABPA members (listed above), reflecting on their challenges and successes;
• A Q&A with the panelists
• Virtual Meet and Greet and Networking with the ABPA Board, Members, and other Northwestern Ontario Business Owners, Operators, and representatives from regional organizations from many sectors
• Upcoming news and opportunities with the ABPA and Members
• Commemorative Gift
• A chance to win a free membership, and your registration fee put towards a membership if you join us before October 15th.
Today registration opens, the cost is $50 for members and $99 for non-members. The ABPA graciously thanks the Alpha sponsors Newmont Musselwhite, and Pack Sponsors; Synergy North and Sysco Foods.
To register for the AGM – Lessons Learned and Looking Forward Event: www.abpa.live/agm2020
A problem occurred while loading content.