Event date: 11/9/2019 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM Export event
Event Location: Trinty Hall
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO, October 1, 2019 (LSN) Those interested in developing media arts skills - Artists interested in taking their work to a more technical level - Actors with theatre experience looking to learn to act for cameras instead of crowds, all ages, - no experience required
The world is growing increasingly dependent on new technologies and media arts have been expanding and becoming much more available through lower barriers to entry, great access to tech equipment, etc.
- Artists can affordably learn to use these technologies to improve their skillsets in innovate ways.
- Vox Popular is providing these opportunities to artists of all skill levels to facilitate a communal learning environment where collaboration is the backbone.
- Vox Popular (prev. Bay Street) just celebrated is 15th year as a film festival and has recently expanded to include media arts as a major component of the annual festival.
- With the growing arts scene of Thunder Bay, we offer an environment
where artists can learn and network to improve their employability skills in a variety of workplace settings. Entrepreneurial Skills
- Instructors showcasing the application of technologies from creative to workplace environments.
- Reaching out to various students, art collectives, and maker-spaces.
- Improve your entrepreneurial skills by learning to act professionally in front of a camera, the various applications of Arduino & projection mapping, ,etc.
Arduino Computers: Nov 9th, 16th, 23rd @ 1pm – 5pm
Projection Mapping: Nov 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th @ 6pm – 9pm
Acting for the Camera: Nov 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th @ 6pm – 9pm
Trinity Hall, 310 Park Avenue (corner of Park & Algoma)
Workshops are $100 each
A problem occurred while loading content.
TBSO announces new Season 59.5
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO ~~~~ September 14, 2020 (LSN) After spending the last several months committed to making this season happen, the Thunder Bay Symphony Orchestra announces Season 59.5, sponsored by TBT Engineering. This will be a unique opportunity to experience the talents of the TBSO musicians in a new way.
Event Location: Hilldale Lutheran Church
Tbaytel Art & Design Auction of Hope Supporting Local Breast Cancer Care
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO ~~~~~~ October 15, 2020 (LSN) The Tbaytel Luncheon of Hope may not be happening this year, but breast cancer doesn't stop in the face of a pandemic. For patients with breast cancer, the reality of this pandemic has added an even greater and unimaginable layer of stress to an already difficult time. Now, more than ever, breast cancer patients who are treated here, need our community’s help.