Andy Wolf announces Running for Councillor Current Ward, Thunder Bay
#LSN_Municipal Elections #LSN_News
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO, July, 11 2018 (LSN) Andy Wolff and I’m running for Current River Ward Councillor.
My opponent Andrew Foulds and I will agree on one thing. We each have differing views on what a City Councillor’s role should be for the city. I believe I am qualified to best serve the residents of Current River Ward.
For too long, our City Council has given a free reign to administration. When decisions are made, it’s City Administration that speaks to the media, rationalizing decisions made by our City Council. I will not allow that to happen. I believe in Democratic Leadership, where I will represent citizens concerns and direct administration to act on those concerns.
As your Councillor, these are some of the resolutions I will put forward:
· A money-for-value audit of the City’s Finances conducted by an impartial third-party
· Make it mandatory to have a plebiscite on major capital projects
· Have every council vote officially recorded
· Abolish the 3 question-rule council has regarding asking questions of administration and people who present to city council
· Rescind the Hotel Tax
· Restore curbside pick up to 3 bags of garbage
As your Councillor for Current River Ward, I pledge on having the maximum of 5 Ward Meetings per year, along with informal public meeting to address public concerns.
I look forward to serving you on the next city council