WTF Festival announces Variety Show lineup
#LSN_Arts J ohn Catucci and David Mesiano from the comedy duo The Doo Wops
SAULT STE MARIE, ONTARIO April 20, 2018 (LSN) With comedy superstar Russell Peters set to headline the inaugural WTF Festival, organizers have since inked deals with other entertainers. On the evening of Saturday, June 9, a number of top Canadian acts are set to perform a gut-busting Variety Show at the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre.
The WTF Variety Show is being hosted by The Doo Wops. This hilarious Italian-Canadian comedy duo features John Catucci and David Mesiano. They blend song and satire while maintaining their unique cultural flavour. The following entertainers are also scheduled to perform at the evening show:
- K. Trevor Wilson, the Man Mountain of Comedy: As a standup comedian, he has performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Comedy Central’s Roast Battles and multiple times at the prestigious Just For Laughs Festival. K. Trevor is also known for his role as Squirrely Dan on Crave TV’s hit show Letterkenny. He was named Best Male Stand-up at the 2015 Canadian Comedy Awards.
- Women Fully Clothed featuring Robin Duke, Jayne Eastwood, Kathryn Greenwood and Theresa Pavlinek: Individually, each member of this troupe is astoundingly accomplished. Collectively, they are a comedic tour de force. Their combined talent and insight transform the banalities of everyday life into sharply observed social satire.
- David Merry: One of Canada’s premier comic magicians with a 30+ year history of amazing audiences across the globe. He has a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Canadian Comedy Magic Seminar, is a past recipient of Canada’s Club Comic of the Year award, and has been nominated at the Canadian Comedy Awards for Best One Man Show and Best Variety Act.
- Jessica Holmes: A favourite on Royal Canadian Air Farce, she has brought the house down opening for giants such as Ellen DeGeneres, Jerry Seinfeld and Oprah Winfrey. Her sidesplitting take on life’s challenges, as well as her unique knack for roasting celebrities, always have audiences in stitches.
- Gina Lola-International-Bridgida: Originally brought to life by actor/comedian Timothy Murphy for what was supposed to be a one-time appearance, the character of Gina Lola-International-Bridgida discovered there was an audience for her comedic take on her family life as an Italian immigrant in Sault Ste. Marie. Gina has continued to delight audiences with her frank observations on culture, marriage, parenting and the peculiarities of living in a small Northern Ontario city.
“We’re bringing variety to Sault Ste. Marie,” said WTF Festival producer Tim Progosh. “This all-star Variety Show has something for everyone – sketch comedy, magic, music, impressions and much more. It’s going to be a lot of fun and, with limited seating, I encourage people to go online or head down to the Bushplane Centre and book their spot as soon as possible.”
Tickets (general admission) are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Space is limited. To book a spot, go to www.wtffestival.ca. Tickets can also be purchased in-person at the front counter of the Bushplane Centre (cash only).
Taking place June 7 to 9, 2018 at various local venues, the WTF Festival is an initiative developed by Tourism Sault Ste. Marie, a division of the Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation. For ticket and other information, visit www.wtffestival.ca.