THUNDER BAY, ON --- JUNE 24,2015 ---- ● The official opening of the relocated LCBO Thunder Bay store was Tuesday, June 23, 2015, at 9:30 a.m.
The new location at 1095 Arthur St. W. will provide convenient and one-stop beverage alcohol service to more than 52,000 residents.
The14, 500 square-foot store has more than 9,000 square feet of display space – almost twice as much as the previous store it is replacing.
This relocated store carries a wide selection of more than 2,000 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also features a selection of up to 350 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
The store has a prominent Ontario wine display showcasing about 440 Ontario wines, including some 290 VQA wines.
● It also features a walk-in beer cold room with 653 linear feet of shelving. The cold room, which offers a wide selection of Ontario craft beers as well as other domestic and imported brands, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, is chilled by outside air for much of the year. This provides significant environmental benefits and reduces utility use and costs. There is also a chilled wine section complete with ‘dairy doors’ that features 25 linear feet of shelving.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has eight checkouts, including a customer service counter, has 58 available parking spaces, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 23 full-time and part-time employees, who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.