THUNDER BAY, ON --- November 19, 2013 ----- The Fort William Business District and the Victoriaville Board held a joint Media Conference on Tuesday to announce their Christmas programs.
JP Fraser, board member of the Fort William Business District, stated in his opening remarks that for the past 19 years their focus has been on positive family orientated activities from the little ones to grandparents. This year is no exception. There even are more activities for the whole family to enjoy.
1. In the afternoon of Wednesday, Nov 27th, youth from the Community Arts and Heritage Education Program (CAHEP) in conjunction with Lake Superior Art Gallery are decorating the Victoria Ave windows of the Fort William Business Centre (former Royal Bank Building) with a theme of the 12 Days of Christmas.
2. On December 1st the CP Holiday Train will be at the Fort William CPR Station on Syndicate Ave arriving at 8:45 p.m.
3. In keeping with the Christmas spirit, for the fourth year the Lake Superior Art Gallery will have an eclectic train in its window.
There are lots of great things happening for the whole family in the Fort William business District. We look forward to seeing you.
Kathy Skirving, Chair of the Victoriaville Board of Management, told those in attendance that the Fort William Male Choir will be inducted into the Victoriaville Walk of Fame this Friday evening at 5 pm.
Again this year the Native Arts and Crafts Show will be held in the centre from Dec 3rd to 7th and their will be breakfast with Santa on Saturday December 14th.
Tina Huk, BIA coordinator, Fort William Business District, invited everyone to come up to the BIA’s Tree Lighting Ceremony at Paterson Park ~ Friday Nov 22, 2013, from 6pm -8:30pm.
• This year we are excited to have the Fort William Male Choir sing for us before the tree lighting as we sip hot apple cider served by volunteers from First Wesley United Church Centre.
The Fort William Male Choir will make their way back to the Village Green in Victoriaville to sing a few more songs and we will also have Jim'n'I performing and engaging the young ones. And that's not all! You can take a ride on the horse drawn buggy and then warm up to a cup of hot chocolate and Robin's Eggs.
All of this is free. We ask that you bring a non-perishable food item that will be donated to Shelter House or childrens' clothing from newborn to size 16 to donate to the Precious Bundles .
• On Saturday November 23, 2013, from 12 to 4pm, participating businesses in the Fort William Business District will be having their 19th Annual Open House. Merchants in Centennial Square, Victoriaville Centre and Brodie, Archibald, Victoria, Syndicate and May Streets displaying a BIG RED BOW, will have special events happening in their stores just for you.
Stop in at these locations for festive treats & drinks, in store specials, draws and giveaways.
Shop Fort William Business District and rediscover what we have to offer!
• Lastly, starting on Monday, November 25 and continuing for the month of December, if you shop in the Fort William Business District you will have an opportunity to enter your name for a draw valued at a minimum of $500. Each week one lucky winner will be drawn and presented with a selection of gift certificates from local merchants.