Third year, the 10x10 Play Showcase
THUNDER BAY, ONTARIO ----- April 4, 2015 --- Now in its third year, the 10x10 Play Showcase will feature original works written by Thunder Bay playwrights.
“The 10 minute play is a new dramatic form that is practiced around the world,” says Cathi Grandfield, the 10x10 artistic director. “The audience experiences a complete story, with a beginning, a middle and an end, all in 10 minutes. The play is not just a vignette or one scene from a longer work. Each play is intended to stand on its own as a unique and original piece of theatre.”
The featured plays and playwrights include:
- Afternoon at the Beaches, by Roy Blomstrom
- Scrambled, by Sue Blott
- Passings, by Charles Campbell
- Tawdry Romance, by Amanda Doig
- People Like You, by Jordan Lehto
- At the Bottom of Amethyst, by Taina Maki Chahal and Della Maki Bitove
- Let's Grab Coffee, by Samantha Najarro
- Sunday Dinner, by Alycia Novak
- Losing Face, by John Pringle
- What's in a Name? by Susan Rogers
Seven of this year’s playwrights are new to 10x10 and four have had plays produced in the first two years of the showcase. This group of returning playwrights includes Roy Blomstrom, Jordan Lehto and the writing team of Taina Maki Chahal and Della Maki Bitove.
The public is invited to attend the culmination of the process where the works are transformed from paper to stage at the third annual showcase on Saturday, April 11 at the Finlandia Club at 7:00pm. Tickets are $20 and are on sale at the Growing Season (Algoma/Bay area), the Music Workshop (Waterloo/Victoria) and on the website at 10x10tbay.ca