THUNDER BAY, ON ------ April 28, 2010 ---- The fight against prostate cancer in Northwestern Ontario will continue on Saturday, June 19, 2010 with the 10th annual BELL Motorcycle Ride for Dad. Over 300 motorcycles will “Roar for the Cure” as the event kicks off at 9:30 am at the Keg Restaurant on the day before Father’s Day. Participants then enjoy a parade down Memorial Avenue, a scenic Poker Run in and around the city and a silent auction.
On June 19, everyone is welcome to watch the Roar for the Cure and/or drop by the fundraising bar-b-que lunch provided by The Keg.
A pre-registration bar-b-que will be held this Saturday, May 1, from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm at Half-Way Motors. Participants registering at this event will qualify to win ZZ Top tickets and a $100 gift card to The Keg.
Participants who register before Friday June 4 are eligible to win an executive weekend for two at the Victoria Inn. They also receive a Pre-Reg Parking Pass for the Memorial Avenue Parade, as well as reserved parking at The Keg.
Anyone not able to attend the pre-registration bar-b-que can register for the
BELL Motorcycle Ride for Dad by visiting www.healthsciencesfoundation.ca or calling 345-HOPE.
There are many impressive prize incentives to register early and raise high pledges. The Top 10 Pledge Earners win fabulous prizes. Those who raise $500 or more in pledges will receive special recognition at the Awards Presentation, a commemorative pin, and be eligible for extra prizes. Prizes will be award to participants with the top poker hands.
• 2010 marks the 10th anniversary of the Bell Motorcycle Ride for Dad.
• To date, participants, sponsors and pledgers have helped to raise over $555,000 for prostate cancer awareness.
• Events such as this one help provide life-saving cancer equipment, technology and treatment programs throughout the region.
• The Bell Motorcycle Ride for Dad also supports awareness campaigns such as Recognize the signs, Take it Like a Man, Plumbing Problems and Prostate Man, which provide education on risk factors and encourage early screening to reduce the incidences of prostate cancer in Northwestern Ontario.
• Sponsors and participants of the BELL Motorcycle Ride for Dad are helping save lives, not only by helping to raise funds, but also by encouraging men to talk to their healthcare providers about prostate health.
The Northern Cancer Fund of the Health Sciences Foundation raises funds that are 100% dedicated to support excellence in cancer care in Northwestern Ontario.